Why: There are a few possibilities for this. If you've added images using a url, the system will need to retrieve each image and download it. This process time can vary depending on the image file size.
Also, pasting an image into your text, instead of using the "Insert/Edit Image" button will result in very large images sizes, which our editor may not be able to process.
Finally, you may be having connectivity issues.
- Upload images from your computer to cut down the download time, and to keep file sizes manageable. Follow these steps to save an image from the internet.
- Right click on the image.
- Select "Save Image As"
- Save the image to your computer.
- Use the "Insert/Edit Image" button to add the image to your text.
See the article, Working With Images in FlexBooks, for information on how to use the "Insert/Edit Image" button.
- You may want to check your internet connection. Sometimes rebooting the computer, or the router if you are using wifi will help reset the connection. You can also try clearing your browser's cache. You can find instructions on how to do that here, if needed: