Adding & Editing Images
See the "Best Practices" section below, for guidelines on image sizes and other attributes.
- Click on this icon to open a popup box called Insert/Edit Image.
- Click the Browse button (may say Choose File when using Chrome), to select a file from your computer.
Enter a URL to point to an image on the web.
- Click the "Image Options" tab.
- Type. Select the image type.
- Figure - A floating image. This means that, in the PDF version, the image may move to a different position in order to minimize the page count. This type of image should always have a caption.
- Inline - These images remain fixed in the PDF version. This will usually retain formatting, but may mean more pages in the PDF version of your FlexBook. You'll need to set a width for your image when using the inline option. See below for details.
- Normal - The image is centered.
- Left Aligned - The image will align with the left side of the page.
When using figure as the image type, these size guidelines apply:
- Postcard - A mid-sized image, suitable for most devices.
- Thumbnail - A small image, suitable for galleries and mobile devices.
- Full Page - A large image, may be suitable for desktop computers.
When using inline as the image type, you must set a width for the image. Our system will resize images to fit different devices, but smaller files generally load faster than larger ones, so this should be taken into consideration. If you know that your target audience is likely to use a particular device, you may want to choose image sizes that fit that device to optimize load times. Here are generally accepted minimum widths by device size:
|Extra Small Devices||480px|
|Small Devices, Tablets||768px|
|Medium Devices, Desktops||992px|
|Large Devices, Wide Screens||1200px|
Related Article: How to Embed a Video in Your FlexBook